What is the Rising Star Index?
Modified on: Fri, 20 Mar, 2020 at 2:46 PM
The Scout Vision® Rising Star Index rates a neighborhood’s 3 year appreciation forecast on a 1 -5 scale, from 1 (Very Low) to 5 (Rising Star). The 3 year appreciation forecast for each neighborhood is classified into 1 - 5 categories based on how this neighborhood's forecast 3 year performance compares to the real estate appreciation rates experienced in all neighborhoods nationwide for every 3 year period since 1999. This provides context for comparing what is very low, low, moderate, high, and rising star appreciation performance.
- 1 - Very Low (Forecast to appreciate less than 7.5% over the next 3 years).
- 2 - Low (Forecast to appreciate between 7.5% and 12.5% over the next 3 years).
- 3 - Moderate (Forecast to appreciate between 12.5% and 21% over the next 3 years).
- 4 - High (Forecast to appreciate between 21% and 30% over the next 3 years).
- 5 - Rising Star (Forecast to appreciate 30% or more over the next 3 years).
Did you find it helpful?
Can you please tell us how we can improve this article?